Thursday, December 4, 2008

Follow-up

Thursday, 4 December 2008 @ 6.40pm

So I got an update from Ina today. She was telling me that my old boss was pissed off with everyone taking leave and the general situation of the office. She was also updating me of how useless the remaining Editors are. Granted, one of them just couldn't care less and that's the way she's been since the first day I tried to train her. She just doesn't give a shit. The other one...my replacement...aiyyooo...

I don't want to butt in. I don't want to continue professing how good I was there (although I was - sorry, can't help it. It's true.) Before I left, I gave SPECIFIC guidelines. It was (and still can be if she bothered to use it) a step-by-step handbook to what to do there. In my words to her, "it's as though I'm holding your hand through the process - I just won't be there physically." I even gave her a forecast of what will be happening (job-wise and client-wise) until roughly around February 2009. Ina said Mr N asked her about a specific bank. Her reply? Dunno. Arghhh!! I told her to send an email. To call. To introduce herself. To follow-up!!! Did she do it? Obviously not.

My blog was created for me to rant and dammit, I'm ranting. Is it really that bloody difficult to take an interest? That bank has been a long-serviced client. As the agency, shouldn't we (sorry, I'm not 'we' anymore), I mean they follow up by calling and saying, "hey...shouldn't your newsletter be printed by now?" Hello?! Why did I waste my time spending HOURS teaching and training and briefing to two of the most useless human beings who dare to classify themselves as Editors? Why? Why? Why?

I don't want to care anymore. Really, I don't. But hello?!? It wasn't as though I left them in the lurch one day or disappeared into thin air. I told them. I warned them. I showed them. Do they listen? Do they care? No. no. no.

I don't understand this nonchalance that I keep hearing about by the both of them. Ina spent the whole of yesterday doing an Editor's job! What did the two 'useful' (said VERY sarcastically, mind you) Editors do? Read the paper! Ahahaha! Funny.

I will make this my last ever post about them. Because I've realised one thing - it won't change. That's who they are. And I don't think I wasted my time the last few weeks there with my briefs. I just see it as them losing out on some very valuable information.

Peace.

1 comment:

Ms Martha Moore said...

it doesn't hit them yet....

once it hits....

it is goin to be a real big hit (like them sacked out of the company)....

Follow up is really important!

How can they not doing that?

Imbecile....

Thats why you are the best sis....

u r good at that.....

lammargl