Monday, December 29, 2008

Monopoly Madness!

Tuesday, 30 December 2008 @ 12.54am

Tonight I had the most fun and laughter than I had put together all my major events in this whole year. Since it was a public holiday, I was working at Get Crafty. It was an incredibly bad day with only around six students sigining in. It was an incredibly slow day.

At the end of the day, we'd decided to play Monopoly. Aya had brought her Powerpuff Girls Monopoly set and had been urging us the whole day to play. We finally started after we closed shop at 8pm. There were four of us playing - Aiza, Martha, Myra and me. Aya was the banker.

By 10pm, I was winning the bulk of the money. I'd built a row of houses on a stretch of road where they had to pay me either $700 or $875 a piece. Whenever I saw any of their pieces going near my houses, I'd count the number of spots it would take for them to land on my property and chant the magic number as they rolled the dice. Eight out of ten times... it landed on my property! Ahahahaha....

We were all laughing so much that by the 11pm, although I'd made the three of them declare bankcrupty (I know I spelt that wrong), our cheeks were hurting from all the laughing and we had tears running down our swollen cheeks. Martha even dropped a chair and doubled over on the floor laughing so much...

I'd never had any luck playing Monopoly. I always lost money or landed on all the shitty and cheap property. But tonight, I striked gold and took a risk by putting the bulk of my money into building houses and a skyscraper. That was definitely a smart move :)

I remember the last time I laughed as much or as hard was a good four or five years ago. We were all at a friend's restaurant and had an impromptu game of charades. The night ended at about 4am. Tonight, it was an impromptu game of Monopoly that ended in LOTS of laughter and fun, along with my winning more than 10k :)

I highly recommend those who have had an extremely long, tiring and testing year to just relieve yourselves and have fun through a fun game of Monopoly. It will definitely get your heart pumping and your stress and worries off your minds. It definitely put a huge grin on my face that refuses to go away - even with my cheeks pounding in pain :)

1 comment:

Ms Martha Moore said...

me too!

I cant stop laughing either...

hehhee.....

cherb